Exeter play their home games in strip of red, white and black shirts, with black shorts and black socks. The shirt sponsors are South West Telecoms and Landmark Information Group. Whilst the main club sponsor is South West Communications whoes name is on the main stand at Sandy Park.
Exeter has existed since 1871/72, the first recorded match being against the training college now St Luke's on October 26, 1873. Exeter won by one touchdown and four saves to two saves.
The club moved into its present home at Sandy Park in September 2006 at a cost of �15m. Phase one had a capacity of 8,000, including the new South West Communications Stand, and it has passed since as Premiership-ready meeting all facilities requirements of the top flight. previous homes were in a field belonging to Mr Morrison, and then in the Militia Field behind the barracks. Subsequently they went to the Cricket Field at St Thomas (now the County Ground) then to Matford before returning to the County Ground again.
Promotion to the Premiership in 2010 follows a proud record of achievement on the field, with many players achieving international honours. Since 1997, the club (now known as Exeter Chiefs) had played in National Division One, finishing second for the two years in a row. The club also has a strong youth section of eight to 18-year-olds followed by a now amateur club called Exeter Athletic. It also runs a thriving community programme called Community Chiefs that comes into contact with thousands of children every year.
With the advent of the professional era, the club was restructured off the field in 1998 when a limited company structure was created to run all the club's affairs through a board of seven directors chaired by local businessman Tony Rowe. It remains however a members club with the company shares held by four trustees who act on behalf of and on the instructions of the 700 members.Error in term id search details