Here are the results from the Final games in the Hong Kong leg of the IRB HSBC Cathay Pacific Sevens World Series 2012/13. We had a few wrong calls but at least we got the main result Fiji beating Wales 26-19, though Wales were looking like winners for quite a while. The third place play-off was a one sided affair as New Zealand controlled proceedings winning 36-5. In the lessor contests we got two wrong with Tonga going down to Zimbabwe and France beating Argentina.
The plate went to Samoa who were pushed all the way by Canada and Hong Kong were outclassed by England in the Bowl but at least had the consolation of a try which sent the crowd wild.
Here are all the results from the Finals:
All Times Local
65. 24 Mar 17:00 Zimbabwe 22-19 Tonga Final Qualifier
66. 24 Mar 17:15 Argentina 14-19 France Final Shield
67. 24 Mar 17:40 Hong Kong 7-42 England Final Bowl
68. 24 Mar 18:05 Canada 7-12 Samoa Final Plate
69. 24 Mar 18:30 Kenya 5-36 New Zealand Third Place
70. 24 Mar 19:00 Wales 19-26 Fiji Final Cup
Next week the competition travels to Japan and we will bring you the pools and fixtures as soon as we can with our usual predictions.